When some or all of your natural teeth are missing, your jawbone can shrink, and simple things like chewing and speaking can be difficult.
Dentures supported by dental implants placed by Justin M. Schlaikjer, DDS, can complete your smile and improve your oral function.
Learn how dentures, supported by dental implants placed at Dr. Schlaikjer's St. Louis, MO, dental practice, can give you a healthy smile.
Dentures Can Complete Your Incomplete Smile
The Difference Between Dentists and Periodontists
- All periodontists are dentists, but not all dentists are periodontists. This means Dr. Schlaikjer is a general dentist who has three years of additional postdoctoral education regarding the treatment of serious gum and jawbone issues.
- Therefore, Dr. Schlaikjer is specifically trained to perform dental implant surgery as well as advanced procedures to diagnose, prevent, and treat gum disease. This gives him a unique perspective in treating complex oral health issues like missing teeth with restorations like dentures.
- Although some general dentists in the St. Louis area do perform dental implant surgery, chances are they do not have the top-notch education and training that Dr. Schlaikjer has. Choose Dr. Schlaikjer if you are thinking of replacing missing teeth with dentures or dental implants.
- Dr. Schlaikjer also provides superior general dentistry services such as bridges, crowns, tooth extractions, cleanings, and exams, making our St. Louis, MO, dental practice a convenient, time-saving practice where many dental procedures can be done under one roof.
I Am Missing Teeth — Do Other People Have This Problem?
7 Benefits of Dentures
Replacing missing teeth with dentures can give you more confidence when meeting new people. In fact, studies show that a complete, healthy-looking smile can make a great first impression in business and social situations.
Restores Oral Functions
A missing tooth or teeth can make eating healthy, crunchy food like nuts, raw fruits, and veggies difficult or painful. Plus, your tongue needs all your teeth to clearly pronounce words. Dentures can restore these simple oral functions.
Redistributes Bite Forces
If you have remaining natural teeth, a partial denture can fill in areas where teeth are missing. This can distribute chewing forces evenly so your existing teeth do not get worn down.
Missing teeth can give your face an aged, shrunken look. Dentures fill out your cheeks and jawline, which can make you look younger and healthier.
Natural-Looking Dental Restorations
Unlike dentures of the past, today's modern dentures are marvels of engineering customized to fit, look, feel, and function just like natural teeth.
Covered by Insurance
Most dental insurance plans will cover some portion of your dentures, making these lifelike restorations more affordable.
Stops Shifting Teeth
Sometimes the teeth on either side of a smile gap caused by missing teeth can shift out of place. Filling these gaps with dentures can stop adjacent natural teeth from moving.
Why Let Missing Teeth Affect Your Life?
- Dreaming of eating, speaking, and smiling without worrying about the discomfort, awkwardness, or embarrassment that missing teeth can cause? Dr. Justin M. Schlaikjer is a leading periodontist in the St. Louis, MO, area who can make your dreams of a fully functional, complete smile a reality.
- Dr. Schlaikjer has world-class training, education, and experience in both general dentistry and periodontics, so he can expertly guide you through every step of your denture journey, especially when attaching your dentures to implants. He performs all steps of the implant procedure himself, so there is no need to see an outside oral surgeon.
Don't Miss Out on Life's Simple Pleasures
Schedule your dentures consultation with Dr. Schlaikjer at our St. Louis, MO, practice today by giving us a call at (314) 729-7840 or by filling out our handy consultation form.
Request a Dentures Consultation Now
St. Louis Patients Love Dr. Schlaikjer
Very skilled, very meticulous practitioner with a great, reassuring manner. Helpful, attentive staff. Good outcomes for all 3 procedures he's done for me. Highly recommend.View On Google
Really enjoyed (who even says that about a dentist) visiting Dr. Schlaikjer's office. Staff is personable and professional... along with Dr. Schlaikjer's care and expertise. Highly recommend.View On Google
About Implant-Supported Dentures
5 Major Advantages of Dentures Attached to Implants
When Dr. Schlaikjer attaches your dentures to implants, they will stay put. Removable dentures can shift, slip, or fall out when you talk, laugh, or chew. You will not need messy, unreliable denture adhesive anymore.
Encourages Jawbone Health
Jawbone tissue can shrink and weaken where teeth are missing. Titanium implants stimulate healthy jawbone to grow, providing a strong, stable base for dentures.
Easier to Clean
You brush and floss implant-supported dentures like normal. No more taking out dentures at night and soaking them in cleanser to keep them free of food particles and smelly bacteria.
Enjoy Your Favorite Foods
Removable dentures can move or fall out when you chew something crunchy or sticky. This can not happen with implant-supported dentures, so you can tuck into a steak, a candy apple, or whatever you love to eat.
No Annoying Clicking Noises
Sometimes loosely-fitted conventional dentures produce embarrassing clicking or rattling noises when you talk or eat. Dentures securely attached to implants do not.
Can My Existing Dentures Be Attached to Implants?
Depending on their condition, Dr. Schlaikjer can convert your removable dentures to permanently attach them to dental implants. This can keep them stable in your mouth and improve your jawbone health due to bone fusing around the implants. Contact Dr. Schlaikjer at our St. Louis dentist office to learn more.
Don't Be Hesitant to Smile Dr. Schlaikjer Can Bring Your Smile Back to Life
Do you cover your mouth when your grandchild does something cute, or catch yourself before smiling at your soul mate? Contact Dr. Schlaikjer about how beautifully customized dentures can give you the confidence to express yourself during life's happy moments.
Use our convenient online form or just give us a call to schedule your dentures consultation at our high-tech, patient-friendly St. Louis practice. Dr. Schlaikjer provides advanced, personalized care to patients from East Carondelet, Arnold, Ballwin, Fenton, and Valley Park, MO, as well.
Call: (314) 729-7840
More Top-Grade Reviews from Smiling St. Louis Patients
Dr Schlaikjer and his staff are very professional and friendly. If I knew how painless and easy the procedure was, I would have come in sooner. They are GREAT! Thanks, Patti ManionView On Google
Dr Schlaikjer is very skilled and it is apparent when you are in his care. Always felt comfortable. This sort of stuff is never fun, but if I had to get periodontal work again, I know where I would go.View On Google
Dentures Costs and Financing
- While insurance does not usually cover dental implant surgery, insurance normally will cover a portion of your dentures cost.
- Should out-of-pocket fees be a concern, Dr. Schlaikjer offers flexible financing through CareCredit® and LendingClub®.
- These trusted lenders break down out-of-pocket costs into low-interest monthly payments, so you can get the superior dental care you need, desire, and deserve without letting budget worries deter you.
St. Louis Patients Praise Our Dentist's Personalized Care
By far, the BEST experience I’ve ever had at a medical office. The staff/doctor was so accommodating, and made me feel super welcome and comfortable. At one point during my visit I told them I felt like I was at a spa! They treat their patients so well and give you their undivided attention. I was dreading this visit, but it was actually enjoyable! Dr. Schlaikjer was very informative and took his time, he was funny (as well as the staff), and I know I can trust him, which can be hard to find when it comes to healthcare. They truly, truly care about their patients, and I will definitely be back.View On Google
Dr Schlaikjer and his team did outstanding job! I was very impressed from start to finish. I wish, I could give this place more than 5 stars! Can not thank them enough. I had an extractions, 5 implant placed and bone graft done.Everything was amazing. He and his entire team are incredibly kind, helpful and attentive and they make you feel like you are visiting a friend rather than a surgeon. No better place to go for a dental extraction and tooth implants. As good as it gets. I HIGHLY recommend this place to anyone who is need of this type of service. I am very happy with my dental implants and I will be forever grateful!View On Google